Order a Custom Real Estate Dashboard
You already know which metrics you want to see in your custom real estate dashboard. Now, let’s build it together!
On this page we describe our five step process for building a custom real estate dashboard. We build dashboards in Power BI, Tableau and Klipfolio. We can automate the data refresh from systems such as Entrata, Rent Manager, Yardi, Appfolio, QuickBooks and more.
The 5 Step Process to Build a Custom Real Estate Dashboard
STEP 1: IDEA
Goal: To understand your goals and provide rough cost estimates for achieving those goals.
We will also discuss:
Download our Free Metrics Handbook
The handbook lists over 100 metrics that can be used for measuring the effectiveness of your property management processes.
STEP 2: BLUEPRINT
Goal: To create specifications for your custom dashboard and provide you an accurate quote.
We will define:
- Metric Definitions and Calculations
- Visual Design
- Technical Design
- Data Source Design
- Price Quote
* Note: The Blueprint is a paid engagement.
Select the data source
Sketch the dashboard
Specify the metrics
STEP 3: BUILD
Goal: To build a functioning, interactive dashboard(s) that can be automatically refreshed with latest data.
Work done in this phase includes:
- Write the formulas for the metrics and calculations
- Create the visual elements of the dashboards (charts, filters and the interactivity between all the tiles)
- Design the data source for the dashboards
- Build the process for pulling data from the source systems and automating the data refresh
- Load the initial data set
- Run the refresh several times and tune the speed
- Get clarifications on the requirements and features
Decide how to get data into dashboard
STEP 4: TEST
Goal: To confirm that the dashboard is displaying the metrics accurately and is getting refreshed as per schedule.
The steps in this stage are:
- Decide pass/fail criteria
- Compare data in dashboard to data in reports
- Log data validation results
- Compile evidence of testing
Compare numbers in report to the numbers in the dashboard
STEP 5: LAUNCH
Goal: To have you and your team start using your custom built dashboard.
The final steps before implementing your newly built custom real estate dashboards are:
- Install software in production environment
- Train the users
- Setup Help Desk
- Get User Licenses
- Setup Security
- Begin Warranty Period
Set up user licenses and permissions
Ready to start building your custom dashboard?