Power BI for Real Estate Companies
WE HELP REAL ESTATE COMPANIES USE POWER BI THE RIGHT WAY
The use of Power BI for real estate data analytics is catching on. And every company is at a different stage in its data analytics journey.
- Some have already implemented Power BI and just need technical expertise.
- Others are just starting and need a good roadmap.
Let RentViewer be your Power BI guide!
NOT ALL POWER BI PROJECTS SUCCEED
- Some projects get stuck due to technical issues
- Some projects reach the finish line but the dashboards do not get used
- Some projects realize partway through that the data is not reliable
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE DISCOVERY MEETING
In the discovery meeting we will listen to what you have already done and what worked and what didn’t. Then we will recommend a game plan to proceed and provide rough cost estimates.
We have built hundreds of dashboards and we will share our experience on how to make your Power BI project successful.
VISUALIZE YOUR PROPERTY DATA IN POWER BI
We help automate the flow of data into Power BI from industry-standard systems like Yardi, Entrata, Rent Manager, Appfolio, and more.
ANALYTICS PROJECTS GO SMOOTHLY WHEN YOU HAVE A GUIDE
No matter where you are in your analytics journey, we can help. There are at least eight vital indicators that can predict if your project will be successful and if your company will use the Power BI dashboards you build.
In the discovery call, we will apply our checklist to uncover the success factors for a Power BI project.
JUST GETTING STARTED?
PROJECT STUCK MIDWAY?
DASHBOARDS NOT BEING USED?
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A POWER BI REAL ESTATE DASHBOARD
Here is an interactive real estate collections dashboard that was built in Power BI. This dashboard pulls data from A/R Aging and the Rent Roll.
Yes, you can build this dashboard! We can help you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Power BI?
- Power BI is a product from Microsoft that is used to create visual dashboards and share them among co-workers.
- It is a vast improvement over creating charts in Excel and emailing Excel files (or screenshots) to co-workers.
- With Power BI you can not only create reports and charts, you can also drill down into your data to understand patterns and correlations and transaction level details.
Can Power BI and Excel co-exist?
- Excel will always remain the powerful business application it is. It will never be replaced. But Excel does have some weaknesses.
- Power BI is a vast improvement over Excel’s charting and report sharing capabilities.
- The Power BI portal simplifies sharing of charts and provides much better security.
- Power BI’s data management features utilize are also found in Excel (Power Query, DAX formulas, data connections etc.), but data modeling in Power BI for the enterprise is only possible in Power BI.
- Power BI and Excel will continue to co-exist in the workplace and you data analysts will be well advised to learn both.
What are some things that Power BI can do that Excel cannot?
- Think of how much work it is to create charts in Excel and share them with your co-workers. And limit the sharing to only the co-workers authorized to see the data.
- Microsoft has been aware of these weaknesses in Excel and created Power BI to augment the report development and sharing features.
- Power BI provides a “portal” where your company’s reports and dashboards can be published. Users can be given access to view the reports and dashboards they need to do their work.
- Power BI “data models” enable combing data from multiple sources (such as your Rent Roll and your A/R Aging, for example), and then being able to re-use the combined data for more than one dashboard. This greatly reduces the duplication of data lying around in so many Excel files.
BOOK YOUR POWER BI DISCOVERY MEETING
Use the Calendly form below to book your free consultation with us or call us at 248-601-6400