Power BI for Real Estate Asset Management
Use Power BI to monitor Occupancy, Collections, Expenses, Cash Flow … and other real estate asset management metrics
On this page we explain what Power BI is and how Power BI for real estate asset management can drive better decision making across your portfolio..
Power BI helps companies create reports and share them among co-workers. There’s no need to create charts in Excel and email Excel files (or screenshots) to co-workers.
Power BI not only enables you to create reports and charts … with Power BI you can also drill down into your data to understand which unit types are driving vacancy, or why expenses are higher than budgeted.
Examples of Real Estate Dashboards in Power BI
Below are some examples of real estate dashboards built in Power BI.
BROWSE OUR CATALOG
See our catalog of pre-built dashboards for real estate asset management
See a live demo of our Property Management Executive Dashboard built using Power BI. Special pricing for Entrata and Rent Manager users.
What is Power BI?
- Power BI is a product from Microsoft that is used to create reports and share them among co-workers.
- It is a vast improvement over creating charts in Excel and emailing Excel files (or screenshots) to co-workers.
- Power BI not only enables you to create reports and charts, with Power BI you can also drill down into your data to understand patterns and relationships.
Can Power BI and Excel co-exist?
- Excel will always remain the powerful business application it is. It cannot be replaced.
- Power BI simply extends the reporting and data analysis capabilities of Excel.
- Power BI’s data management features have similarities to Excel.
- Power BI and Excel will co-exist and you will get the best of both applications.
What are some things that Power BI can do that Excel cannot?
- Think of Excel’s charting capabilities. Microsoft realized that they are weak when it comes to simplicity, repeatability and sharing.
- So, Microsoft invested in these features and built them into Power BI.
- Power BI provides a “portal” where your company’s reports and dashboards can be published. Users can be given access to view the reports and dashboards they need to do their work.